.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

fabot. funny enough to read

Saturday, July 09, 2005

"ooh, I'm a celebrity, I'm gonna change the world!"

I think it's nice that people try to do what they can to do what they think is "good." But it seems like there's way too much misdirected anger toward certain industries and certain (I'll just sum it up by calling it by the all inclusive) "things."

Ready for the examples? Here they are... in no particular order...

Tom Cruise... He's like a mind altering drug (get it?), getting me to in a higher realm of anger... so I'll save him for last...

All these celebs who go on shows about how they're going to all of these third world countries...
"We need to end poverty in all these desolate places, where I've never been, but I heard it sucks there, so you should spend some money to fix it..."
"Yeah, throw money at it, that should be the trick..."
"Hey, don't you feel like maybe we should go over there and show people how bad it is?"
"Uh, ok, but we don't have to sleep on... dirt... or anything do we?"
"Of course not, they'll gather together all their earnings for the last 2 years to buy us a bed and build us a shelter, not to mention give us all of their food for the next month, so we can spit it out and say that it's gross."
"Sweet. Let's go."

Another example...
"Oh No! The rainforest... oooooh is being demolished... We should raise awareness so that people won't buy stuff from Latin America, because their destruction of the rainforest is unacceptable!"
"Ok, but if we get rid of all commerce going to/from Latin America, what are they gonna sell and use to make money to eat and stuff like that?"
"It Doesnt Matter!... We're here to save the rainforest damnit! Who cares WHAT they do? That's not my problem, it's the RAINFOREST... we HAVE to save that..."


Ok....
Mr. Cruise, could you please explain to me... exactly WHAT is the history of psychiatry? Ooh, and could make sure to use small words, and... yeah! pictures!
And you've known a girl for how long? 9 weeks? and now she's the love of your life... and you're making a fool of yourself on TV... real nice one there, I wasn't going to subscribe to your beliefs and followings, but after seeing you jump around on Oprah's couch... damn, I can't resist...

Give me a BREAK!... I don't even know if I like a new brand of GUM in 9 weeks... Do us all a favor... and SHOVE IT...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 


hits