.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

fabot. funny enough to read

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Ideas...

It's always difficult to come up with new ideas. I mean, people that work in creative type jobs definately have my respect. If you decide to ever work in a job that requires you to think of new crap every week, dont't take it.

I mean, take a look at this blog for example. Sure, i bring the funny week in and week out, but as hard as it is to believe, it is indeed difficult to come up with new ideas. Just make sure you overlook the multiple posts about poop, and about vegas. Really, there's nothing to write home about in my life except those two things, and i've been running low on money lately, so expect to see more poopy posts.

Some people seem to have good ideas about important things. Take for example our president, who after getting us into iraq looking for weapons that didn't exist, wait... bad example. Take for example, the energy companies who, after realizing that we are far too dependent on foreign oil, have come up with new energy alternatives wait, another bad example.

Ok, so i guess it's true that no one has any new ideas. I mean, look at hollywood. Most of the movies out there are remakes of former movies. Ocean's eleven (which i thoroughly enjoyed) was a remake of an old rat pack (lat pak in japanese) movie, the lake house (you know, the one with keanu and sandra bullock that's not speed) was a remake of a korean movie, dude, where's my car, which is a remake of my high school years... the list goes on.

Advertising industry professionals are supposedly known for their plethora of ideas, but why is it that the latest development was to introduce a 15-second commercial as opposed to a 30-second commercial? I mean, c'mon, let's think out of the box, and make some 7-second commercials, just to throw off the network programming schedule.

I think everyone is in the same boat as far as not being able to come up with new ideas goes. Auto makers are all copying each other, every electronics company is making their own version of the ipod without actually making anything "new," tv shows consist of 12 different csi shows and 19 variations on survivor, even fast food chains are all offering "good food, fast, at a reasonable price." C'mon, let's get creative people...

So, i guess the point is, if you can think of any good ideas, i'd appreciate it. Also, if you are reading this, well, thanks (to the two of you).



Mitch Hedberg's QotD:
See, I write jokes for a living, man. I sit in my hotel at night and think of something that's funny and then I go get a pen and write 'em down. Or, if the pen's too far away, I have to convince myself that what I thought of, ain't funny.

1 Comments:

  • I reposted your bulletin on Myspace...you should have hordes of people coming to read this now.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 


hits