.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

fabot. funny enough to read

Monday, October 03, 2005

The IM Strangler...

I am a killer.

Not in the way in which i kill people or anything like that... I'm what you would call, an e-killer i suppose.

Everytime i instant message someone, get into a chatroom, or even get involved in a thread in a forum online, it dies.

I don't mean to kill the threads and chats and stuff, but it just so happens that whenever i add my two cents... people tend to never respond to it. When i'm instant messaging someone, it looks a bit like:

jon: blah blah blah?
jon: blah blah
jon: blah dee blah
jon: dee dah blah
jon: blah de dah?
jon: hoohaa
jon: blah blah...
jon: you there?
jon: guess not

Whenever i get involved in a thread, the thread invariably dies. I mean, i'm like conversation raid (you know, the stuff that kills ants). It happens all the time, not even just online. I mean, when i call someone, the other person is usually the first to go... uh... well... i... gotta go... Happens to all of us you say? Nope. It happens to me in person as well. Here's an example of my typical conversation:

jon: so, how ya doin?
other guy (og): not bad, you?
jon: pretty good. say, did you see that game? man, that was crazy
og: yeah it was
jon (trying harder): dang, those clouds are big
og: uh....
jon: i mean, big clouds, they're so weird...
og (walking away)
jon (yelling): you know? big clouds? look at that one! it looks like transfer ribonucleic acid~!, wait, where are you going?
jon, cries.

I'm trying to figure out what the reasoning is behind why people just start tuning out when i write, which i don't understand, because i don't feel like i'm that long-winded or anything, but i guess i might be, i mean, who knows, because sometimes i have alot to say, and sometimes i just don't have enough time to say it spread over different

2 Comments:

  • Iilarious, but untrue. I find out IM conversations stimulating and enthralling. They make my day fly by and... hello? Hello, you there?

    (sigh).

    By Blogger eric yang, at 12:43 PM  

  • I'm in a bit of a conundrum....it'd be funny for me to not make a comment, but then you wouldn't know that I was trying to be funny and it'd look like I was just ignoring you. However, if I mention it, then I'm actually leaving a comment, negating my attempt at humor. What to do...what to do....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 


hits